QS Disclaimer Troubleshooting Help
Troubleshooting frequently asked questions and answers
Q. Why can't I add a domain?
A. You can only add a domain after you have added your license.
Q. Why doesn't my mail contain a disclaimer?
A. A disclaimer will not be added if the domain is not set or is invalid e.g. mail from test2.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) will not have a disclaimer if the domain is set as test1.com.
Q. Why doesn't my Plain text mail contain a Plain text disclaimer?
A. Check the domain is correct and that you have you added a Plain text disclaimer.
Q. Why doesn't my HTML mail contain a HTML disclaimer?
A. Check the domain is correct, that you have you added a HTML disclaimer (or enabled the 'Use plain text for HTML' setting) and that the disclaimer is valid i.e. does not contain HTML elements such as <!DOCTYPE><html></html><head></head><body></body>.
Q. Why doesn't my Enriched mail contain an Enriched disclaimer?
A. Check the domain is correct and that you have you added an Enriched disclaimer (or enabled the 'Use plain text for Enriched' setting).
Other frequently asked questions and answers
Q. Do I need to add the @ symbol e.g. @maildomain.com?
A. No, but you can add it if you prefer e.g. the domains @maildomain.com and maildomain.com would be treated the same.
Q. My HTML disclaimer does not format correctly, e.g. it is one continuous line?
A. Check that you using the HTML element <br> instead of a CR/LF combination.
Q. Why can't I use formatting in my Plain text mail disclaimer?
A. Plain text mail does not allow any formatting or even fonts and colours.
Q. Can I use MAPI clients?
A. Yes, as long as your mail goes through the SMTP server or Exchange then QS Disclaimer will add a disclaimer regardless of the client.
Contacting support check list
Below is a list of tests that should be performed before contacting support, as the answers will help to ensure that you receive a quick and prompt service:
1. Has the disclaimer engine been enabled (if you can not enable the disclaimer engine, have you added the license)?
2. Are the disclaimers set?
3. Has a domain been added and enabled (and licensed)?
4. Has IISAdmin been restarted after the settings have been changed (only needed if 'Force updates' has not been enabled)?
1. Do you have the same problem when no disclaimer is set but the system is still enabled?
2. Do you have the same problem when a single line disclaimer is set?
3. Do you have the same problem when you manually enter a disclaimer?